Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 35 - July 27th - layover day in Valparaiso, IN

My but it was nice to get up leisurely. Went to breakfast at the Broadway Cafe (adjacent to campus) with Cliff, Bruce, Barb, Diana, and Darrell. A place similar to the original Rose's in Portland. Family restaurant, open 363 days a year, extensive menu, large portions. After breakfast, I walked to Walgreen's to pick up some more laundry soap, look for postcards (only found ones with photo of a rabbit with caption "Some Bunny in Valparaiso Loves You" - I passed), and a few lunch items (cheese sticks, V8 and crackers). Walked back to the dorm to doze and listen to music. After lunch, went to the Valpo U library. Beautiful building and wonderful facilities. Spent 3 1/2 hours reviewing photos and adding new posts. Finally emerged around 5:30 and went back to the dorm to clean off my bike. Dinner at the Broadway around 7. Clearly not much exploring on this rest day. My efforts to locate a pool had been futile. My left quad had been quite sore during the past few days. So it was probably best that I just stay within a tight radius.
Made a few phone calls today. It was enjoyable to hear familiar voices and get caught up on family and friend news.

No comments: